Title: Technical Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Level of experience: Mid-Level (10 years of professional IT experience)
- Experience as a QA Analyst on an IT team, testing and refining a web-based software product.
- Experience creating and following QA test plans, logging defects, recommending enhancements, etc
- Experience with Snag-It or other similar screen capture annotation software to document defects or design proposed enhancements.
- Experience using Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience testing and using complex business and software systems.
- Team member experience, working with software developers, designers, management, and others to develop and release a software product / project in an information technology department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- High level of professionalism is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Information Systems desired.
- 10+ years’ experience on an Information Technology team.
- 5+ years in a QA or developer or technical data analyst role.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Snag-It (or other screen capture and annotation software)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel/Word
- Jira / Asana / Basecamp, (or other task management software)
- Analyze and document software release work from developers from the previous days’ work, identifying all defects and anomalies that exist, then capturing and logging those as new bugs in detail using Snag-It screen capture software and typed descriptions/steps to recreate.
- Document processes, and conduct requirements capture meetings/sessions with SMEs to properly categorize and articulate the work that the developers need to perform to complete the ticket.
- Create, maintain, and curate a backlog of Jira / Microsoft DevOps tickets in 2 separate backlogs for 2 development teams.
Locals only for onsite in Dallas/Ft Worth Texas area. Some remote work based on COVID, but mostly onsite. No recruiters/3rd parties.