- Strong communication skills
- Maintain calm, poised approach, and carry a business-professional demeanor
- Experience as a QA analyst on an it team, testing and refining a web-based
- Experience creating and following QA test plans, logging defects, recommending
- Experience with snag-it or other similar screen capture annotation software to
document defects or design proposed enhancements.
- Ability to devise and implement test strategies that adequately assess all software aspects
- Ability to investigate and recreate reported defects
- Perform test tests yourself and also manage / track / follow up on / report the results those others who perform the tests
- Ability to work with other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve coding issues
- Ability to participate in the design and development for test automation and support
- Experience using Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience testing and using complex business and software systems.
- Team member experience, working with software developers, designers, management, and others to develop and release a software product / project in an information technology department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- High level of professionalism is required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer information systems desired.
- 10+ years experience on an information technology team.
- 5+ years in a QA or developer or technical data analyst role.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Snag-it (or other screen capture and annotation software)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel/Word
- Jira / Asana / Basecamp, (or other task management software)
- Bonus: scripted automated testing tools (like Selenium, Katalon, etc.
- Analyze and document software release work from developers from the previous days work, identifying all defects and anomalies that exist, then capturing and logging those as new bugs in detail using snag-it screen capture software and typed descriptions/steps to recreate.
- Document processes, and conduct requirements capture meetings/sessions with SMEs to properly categorize and articulate the work that the developers need to perform to complete the ticket.
- Create, maintain, and curate a backlog of Jira / Microsoft DevOps tickets in 2 separate backlogs for 2 development teams.
No recruiters/3rd parties.